My writing progress for the last week or so has been sort of dismal. I'm crawling through edits on Devs right now at a much slower pace than I'd prefer due to a drated sinus infection (will the winter never end??). I think I'll still meet my end-of-April deadline, though, so I'm not too worried.
The Tug of Two Stories
Shallee ● Apr 9, 2011
Instead of working away at Devs these last few weeks, I've actually been thinking a lot about what's coming next. I fully intended to work on The Unhappening of Genesis Lee once Devs is done.
I got a brilliant idea for Black and Blue, the story on hiatus. And now I have a problem. I LOVE the story of TUGL, and it's begging to be told. But I'm having trouble getting into my main character. With BaB, I LOVE my main character, but am still having some trouble with the story.
I've never had two stories warring for my attention this way. I've written the first three chapters of both of them, and just don't know which one I love more. Any advice, my friends?
Search this blog
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
Be the first to get exciting news about books and events! You won't get spammed-- newsletters will come a few times a year. Click here to sign up!
- How to Write Strong Character Relationships
- 5 Tips for Writing Memorable Romantic Scenes
- How to create a character's personality
- How to Write a Character's Voice-- Attempting to Define the Undefinable
- Turn an Idea into a Killer Story Concept: Go Big or Go Home
- How to Dump Info without Info-dumping-- Writing Lessons from Inception
- Banned Books Week Review: The Handmaid's Tale
- The Name Game-- Keeping Character Names Consistent in Your Novel
- Why I Wrote a Character with a Mental Illness: because for a long time, I never knew I had one
- Mustaches for Maddie-- a Giveaway for a Brave Little Girl
- ► 2014 (23)
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (58)
- The Ups and Downs of Querying
- Sometimes, Life Wants you to Succeed
- Choosing the Right Words, and the Hilarious Embarr...
- Book Reviews for Writers: Nexus Point by Jaleta Cl...
- Writing the Query: Believe it or not, you already ...
- How to Kindle your Imagination, or This One Time I...
- Confessions of a Guilty Writer
- The Tug of Two Stories
- Finding Balance in the Writing Life a Day at a Tim...
- Book Reviews for Writers: Matched by Ally Condie
- ▼ April (10)