Happy first day of July, friends! With the beginning of July comes the end of June, and that means the end of JuNoWriMo. I'm going to admit to slacking just a bit for the last week-- a few days, I only got up to 1,000 words a day. But at least I was getting them in! I got in nearly 50,000 words in the past month, and I'm more than 3/4 of the way through my story. And it ain't over yet! I'm still going to aim for 2,000 words a day until I finish the book, hopefully in the next two weeks.
Favorite Writing Moments, and the end of JuNoWriMo
Shallee ● Jul 1, 2011
Today, to celebrate the awesomeness of everyone who sits their butt down at a computer/notebook and writes books (that's you, friends!), I'm sharing a few of my favorite moments in my writing. You're welcome to join in. I'm not talking about things like getting full requests or meeting awesome authors/agents, I'm talking about favorite moments while you were actually writing.
My absolute favorite memory, and one that will probably remain so for a long time, was finishing my first novel. It was pretty crappy, but of course I didn't know that at the time. I was a sophomore in college, and had dragged my laptop to the empty front room for a final push to the end. As I typed, my roommates came home. With them came friends, and an impromptu party began right in front of me. I barely noticed. For the next hour, I kept writing until it came. The end. I even typed the words. Full of the emotional ending of the book and the euphoria of having finished it, I threw my hands in the air and shouted, "Yes!" I don't think anyone even noticed, but in celebration, I put my computer away and joined the party.
So, my friends, it's your turn. What are your favorite moments from your writing?
Search this blog
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
Be the first to get exciting news about books and events! You won't get spammed-- newsletters will come a few times a year. Click here to sign up!
- How to Write Strong Character Relationships
- 5 Tips for Writing Memorable Romantic Scenes
- How to create a character's personality
- How to Write a Character's Voice-- Attempting to Define the Undefinable
- Turn an Idea into a Killer Story Concept: Go Big or Go Home
- How to Dump Info without Info-dumping-- Writing Lessons from Inception
- Banned Books Week Review: The Handmaid's Tale
- The Name Game-- Keeping Character Names Consistent in Your Novel
- Why I Wrote a Character with a Mental Illness: because for a long time, I never knew I had one
- Mustaches for Maddie-- a Giveaway for a Brave Little Girl
- ► 2014 (23)
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (58)
- What has reading taught you about writing?
- Book market trends and other things you have no co...
- Who's your favorite character you've ever written?...
- Story Structure Tips for Pantsing-- and Plotting--...
- Enjoy an Awesome Contest
- Working on Multiple Stories, or What to do with a ...
- Brief hiatus interruption because the draft is don...
- Busy-ness and a Blog Break
- Be Bold and Independent
- Favorite Writing Moments, and the end of JuNoWriMo...
- ▼ July (10)