No Healthy Writer's Club post today...because I am at a ZERO on the healthiness scale this week. Too much candy...no running...getting over a cold...some weeks, I guess healthy just doesn't happen.
And now, [insert clever transition to real post]. <---Yes, this is an indication of my current limited brain function. ANYWAY.
I went to Disneyland with the fam last week. The Kiddo was in ecstasy on Haunted Mansion and the AstroBlaster, Baby Noodles tolerated Winnie the Pooh and was entranced by the Tiki Room, and the Hubby and I blissfully took in our children's joy.
Oh, and I got an R2D2 for my desk.
R2D2 has been my favorite Star Wars character since childhood, and Disneyland is a great place to find Star Wars merchandise. So I scoured the park to find a new desk buddy. I was disappointed to see very little of my favorite droid. BUT THEN. The popcorn stand outside Space Mountain proved to have just what I wanted: an R2D2-shaped bucket full of popcorn.
So now, I've got a new place to keep special treasures/secret eatings on my desk. I'm a firm believer that whatever's in your writing space can inspire you, so here's what I've got, from left to right:
- A sand picture from Dubai containing seven colors of sand from each of the UAE's emirates.
- A picture of a Weeping Angel from Doctor Who, drawn by my awesome crit partner, Chersti.
- A woven basket made by a Cherokee woman in North Carolina.
- A picture of me and the Hubby on our honeymoon in Hawaii.
- A carving from Ghana of a woman praying.
- R2D2-- a sci fi writer's best friend.
- A candle that smells like the ocean.
- My bamboo plant with inspiring fortunes from fortune cookies.