We all have writing goals. Sometimes we meet them, sometimes we don't. I was talking to my critique group last night about my goal-- I want to do a NoWriMo (novel writing month) in June-- writing at least 2,000 words a day. And they want to do it with me!
Reach your personal writing goals-- Join me for JuNoWriMo!
Shallee ● May 25, 2011
So...how about you?
For JuNoWriMo (June Novel Writing Month, of course!), you don't have to pump out a 50,000 word novel in a month. Pick a writing goal-- any writing goal-- it can be that you want to write 1,000 words a day all month. Or that you want to spend 1 hour a day pounding out your revisions. Or that you dedicate at least a two hours a week to your writing. Whatever the goal is, we'll support each other in it!
So here's the deal. If you want to join on your blog, sign up on the MisterLinky below and then post about your goal and link back here. Every Saturday (and anytime in between that you want), post an update on your goal progress so we can all follow along.
And for those of you on Twitter, we can have conversations about it whenever we want. Use the hashtag #JuNoWriMo, and you'll find support and help from your fellow JuNoers.
So far, you've got a friend in me, Rachel Giddings, Joel Smith, and Kevin Smith! Let's reach for our writing goals together!
Search this blog
Sign Up for my Newsletter!
Be the first to get exciting news about books and events! You won't get spammed-- newsletters will come a few times a year. Click here to sign up!
- How to Write Strong Character Relationships
- 5 Tips for Writing Memorable Romantic Scenes
- How to create a character's personality
- How to Write a Character's Voice-- Attempting to Define the Undefinable
- Turn an Idea into a Killer Story Concept: Go Big or Go Home
- How to Dump Info without Info-dumping-- Writing Lessons from Inception
- Banned Books Week Review: The Handmaid's Tale
- The Name Game-- Keeping Character Names Consistent in Your Novel
- Mustaches for Maddie-- a Giveaway for a Brave Little Girl
- Using Family History for Novel Fodder
- ► 2014 (23)
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (58)
- Turn an Idea into a Killer Story Concept: Go Big o...
- Effective Marketing Strategy for Writers-- Creatin...
- Reach your personal writing goals-- Join me for Ju...
- How to Write Three-dimensional Characters, with a ...
- Finding the Theme Song-- and I'm being interviewed...
- The Out of This World Adventure Giveaway!
- Book Reviews for Writers: Deepening Setting from T...
- How to Beat Writer's Block-- The Illustrated Guide...
- 4 Things You Get from a Writing Conference That Yo...
- Things that Make Me Happy
- Book Reviews for Writers: Wither by Lauren DeStefa...
- ▼ May (11)